Left’s Treatment of Kavanaugh May Backfire in November
It didn’t take long after Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed to the Supreme Court for the mainstream media and pundits on the Left to begin making the case that that the confirmation hearings will serve the Democratic Party well in the upcoming midterm elections.
However, public polling suggests otherwise. Recent polls show that Americans supported Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, believe the confirmation process was a national disgrace, and agree that someone should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
- In a Harvard CAPS - Harris Poll, 60 percent of voters -- including 55 percent among women -- said that if the FBI report showed no corroborating evidence then they believed Kavanaugh should be confirmed
- In a survey conducted by Rasmussen Reports, 56 percent of likely voters agreed that Kavanaugh’s confirmation process was “a national disgrace.”
- Another Rasmussen survey found that most voters (57 percent) agree with the statement that “it’s a very scary time for young men in America when you can be found guilty of something that you may not be guilty of.”
Women and independent voters are often critical to winning any election but polling shows that these groups are dissatisfied with the Democratic Party:
- A CNN poll shows that more women (49 percent) disapprove of the way Democrats handled Brett’s Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court than approve (41 percent).
- That same CNN poll also found that 58 percent of Independents disapprove of the way Democrats handled Brett’s Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.
It’s clear that Democrats tried to use the unfounded accusations against Brett Kavanaugh to derail his confirmation (or at a minimum delay it until after the November elections). What’s surprising, and sickening, is that they were willing to do so by any means necessary – even if that meant unfairly re-victimizing someone as part of a political ploy, as Senate Democrats did to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. She deserved better.
It’s no surprise that this avoidable spectacle does not sit well with Americans. Democrats only have themselves to blame if their unfair smear tactics backfire on them at the polls this November.