It's time for tax reform
President Donald Trump spoke yesterday in Springfield, MO, on the pressing need for tax reform for American taxpayers.
My colleague Hadley Heath Manning, writing in the Washington Examiner, points out how American workers will benefit from personal and corporate tax reform:
- Americans deserve a tax code that is simple, fair, and easy to understand.
- Tax relief for middle-class families will allow them to keep more of their hard-earned paychecks.
- The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
- About 25% of all corporate tax dollars are paid indirectly by American workers.
- Lowering corporate taxes means higher wages for American workers.
But if Congress is going to act on much-needed tax reform, they need to hear from you.